Tuesday, October 24, 2006

26.2 Mile Survivor


It is official. I am a marathon finisher! Jon and I went to San Francisco this weekend with our friends Nicole & Grant, and Stephanie, David & Amber. Steph, Nicole, and I ran the San Francisco Nike Women's Marathon with 15,000 other women on Sunday. It was an amazing experience. The course was beautiful. We ran from Pier 1 to Pier 39, through the persidio, golden gate park, and ended by running the last 4 miles on the Great Highway right next to the Pacific Ocean. It was one of the hardest things I have ever done. The last few miles I was convinced I had made a poor choice by signing up to run 26.2 miles, but now I am entertaining the idea of running another in a few years. I couldn't have done it without my amazingly strong friends: Steph and Nicole and great cheerleaders: Jon, David, Amber, and Grant.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: