Thursday, December 18, 2008

Oh Boy!

Yes it is true - we found out that baby Meendering is a boy! We actually found out the first of December - I have just been horrible at posting lately. It was funny because I have felt like it was a boy ever since my sister Julie and my friend Nicole said they thought it was a boy. Jon and I had a great time at the ultrasound appointment. Baby boy Meendering was moving around like crazy so it was difficult to get any really great images but it was still surreal to see him and all the progress he has made since our last ultrasound. It actually looked like a human this time! We didn't get to do a 3D ultrasound which was a little dissapointing - and irritating because they didn't tell us this until we were at the ultrasound, but their other ultasound location they let us choose from does (pehaps this would be a good thing to tell expecting parents when you ask them the locaiton they want to do the ultrasound). Anyway, it is back to the drawing board for us to think of names. We have three girl names we just loved and NO boy names. I feel like boy names are so much harder for some reason. If you have good ideas feel free to leave them in the comments. We can use all the help we can get.

12 comments:

Lindsey said...

YAY!!!! So excited for you guys!!

nicole said...

I love him already!

Sup said...

Ahh! There's a baby in there!

jenni said...

He said Hi!!

We had a 3-d with Lilly...she looked freakish...I was convinced she had a penis for a nose, so maybe it was a good thing for you?

Sam & Rachel said...

RAGNAR!!!

Sam said...

you cannot use ragnar, that is my #1 boy name. you would crush my little heart if you did.

Anonymous said...

Boy names are harder. We had the same trouble, still have never had to decide on one though. Upside of two girls I guess? Hey thanks for showing me alphamom.com...I love it. Very entertaining to read. I'll bring our big book of baby names, with all the other books I have promised but keep forgetting, at Christmas.

Tom and Donna said...

Congrats! Tom has a few suggestions:

Magnus
Apollo
Maxmillian (Max for short)
Seamus

Merry Christmas!

Sean and Belinda said...

Congrats! That is exciting news!

Sean and I think Irish names are really cool, but probably not the best choice if living in the US for nobody here can pronounce them. Try Siobhan, for example (pronounced Shi-van. See!) Seamus is also a popular Irish name (nice job Tom!) but don't think we'd pick that one.

Any pictures of your baby bump yet? =)

Lacy & Simon said...

baby bump pictures please!
What about classic boy names? or are you looking for something unusual?
Lucas
Jonas
Carlton
Simon's favorite is Basilio, you can have that one if you like it.
(FYI no plans for kids in the near future for us but we have talked about names for 7 years.)

Anonymous said...

Very good!

Anonymous said...

Very rich and interesting articles, good BLOG!