Saturday, August 16, 2008

Beach Bums

Just got back from a week with the Gee family at Lake Okoboji. We had fun spending time with my parents, sisters, and their families. There are seven grand children under the age of 11, so it was a bit crazy at times, but it is always great to be surrounded by family. We spend our days riding in the boat, tubing, sitting at the beach, playing golf and going to Arnold's park. My aunt Ruth and uncle Rodger came to visit and brought their kayak, so we all had to take turn learning - it was so great. Would love to be able to wake up and kayak on a calm lake everyone morning. Boy would that be good for the body and soul!

Now that we are back I can't help but feel like summer is over. School starts here on the 25th (one week from Monday), and next week is full of prep, student advising, and faculty meetings to get things ready to go for another school year. Where did the summer go....

Jon and I by the lake....
Rita and Sophie in the raft......
George loving the sandy beach (check out that cute onesie)! We made more while we were at the lake. I will show them in a post later......
Julie, Harry, Me, and Conner took on jon, my dad, jen, julia and ali in an intense golf scramble. We lost by 1 stroke (so sad!).......
My dad taking everyone out for some tubing.... Even Rita wanted to go (she is 3) until she saw Jon and Connor bouncing all over the place. Then she looked at me and said "Jess, I don't have to go in the tube tonight....we can wait until later (scared face)."
We had so many good pics it was hard to choose which to share. I will post more in the next few days....

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Looks like a lot of fun. Love to all the Gee clan!
Kerry did come through this week--baby Joseph is a doll!

Lacy & Simon said...

Looks like you guys had a great time!

nicole said...

seriously...i Heart your hair!! you are one hot mama! did i mention we get to hang out in 1 month?????

Grant Factor said...

Not sure if I've ever told you this, but you guys are ONE CUTE COUPLE!!!! The first picture of this post = awesome.

Can't wait to see you both!

G