Thursday, April 24, 2008

CRAFTING

I love crafting - it makes me feel so free inside - so creative - and so inspired. It is also very different than the science work I do - so I enjoy the escape and taking time to exercise the other half of my brain a bit! Anyway - I haven't had much time to do it in the last few years. My fabric, buttons, ribbons, paper, and tools are all packed away in our basement - or should I say they were.......tonight I got them out and brought them upstairs into our "office". I am going to try and make a crafting corner where I can keep my things out and work on things at nights and on weekends without having to haul tote after tote out of the basement organize and then put everything back at the end of the day. I am totally inspired by Kelly Mccaleb - if you haven't checked our her blog you really need to do it. She also sells her artistic marvels on her ETSY page She is so talented and somedays I wish I was her!! Nicole and I love her!! Anyway - I am going to start taking some time to do crafts again - I will keep you posted on this, but for now....here are a few photos of two of the baby quilts I made before we left Oregon.

One was for my sister's daughter Rita......


and one was for Jon's sister's daughter Ava........


Hopefully more quilts and other fun crafts come!!

4 comments:

jenni said...

love the quilts and the toes! i really liked my happy little life's latest idea about the boxes to plant a garden, especially for me with a deck and no yard. remember that saying, "too many ideas and not enough time", I think it applies to crafting and not research...

Grant Factor said...

Go Jess!!! Life needs to have balance. Let yourself indulge a creative and completely constructing hobby. I can't wait to see your next creation!

G

nicole said...

i was just thinking about ava's quilt last week...i want to make a duplicate of that SO bad.

and yes Jenni...that quote SOOOO applies to crafting...the three of us need a serious pow wow about how to make that how we are paid...

Rachel said...

Love your crafting and quilting--remember that quilt we all made together in high school? I was so happy to have a sewing room at this house so I didn't have to haul everything out every time I felt like quilting, but after the basement flood, it's the last room to be remodeled so I'm back to being fabric-deprived.