Friday, September 12, 2008

Could it be bigger?


The day after the wedding we went out to check out some of the sites in and around Charleston. We went to see the Angle Oak - this tree is old and huge. If I remember right they said it was about 1500 years old and the circumference of the tree is like 26 feet. Crazy! I had so much fun trying to take pictures of this tree and they don't even do it justice. On a side note - we got lost on the way - and man the back woods of the South are a little bit scary..... A special thanks to Shelly for saving us on that one by asking for directions - and for understanding what that guy said - I still have no clue!

3 comments:

Sup said...

Here it is!! And no, it was not here yesterday...blogspot is odd!

You just have to wonder what that tree would say if it could talk. The history lady in me just thinks about stuff like that.

Grant Factor said...

Oh man, I wish I could have seen you guys trying to decide if you should ask for directions or not! That's hilarious! Nothing like being lost in the 'back woods' to spice things up!

Can't wait to see you people!

G

P.S. - I ended every sentence in this comment with an exclamation point... I guess I'm really trying to express myself.

Tom and Donna said...

Glad you guys had a wonderful time in SC's Lowcountry! It wouldn't have been a trip to the South without getting lost in the back woods. We're having trouble understanding people in Massachusetts ;-)