Thursday, September 11, 2008

Wedding Bells and Tropical Storms

We made it back from South Carolina with a new experience - we braved Topical Storm Hannah - and enjoyed a beautiful wedding during the heart of the storm. I need to stress the beautiful part - it was awesome. I don't know if I am the only one that does this - but whenever I go to a wedding it makes me think back to my own. I loved Jon and I's wedding day - it was perfect at the time, but now I think if I had to do it again I would do it completely different. Jon and I discussed this at the wedding and he totally agreed. It is funny how that works - how your taste and your perspective of what is important that day really changes. Jon and I decided we were just going to have to have a big bash when we hit a major anniversary and invite everyone we know to a big party to do it all again. Anyway - Sean and Liza looked amazing, the food was great, the company was great, and everyone had a ball - even with Tropical Storm Hannah blazing over South Carolina during the day.

Jon taking a stroll on the beach...
Old Southern Charm.....
Introducing the Bride and Groom......
Jon and I on the patio after the wedding....
Jon and Sean all dressed up......

3 comments:

jenni said...

i love the tree picture! nice colors for a wedding! I want to come to your big bash especially since I didn't make the real thing.

nicole said...

you guys look SO cute! so does the bride and groom!! sad we missed it!

Sup said...

Where did the pic of the huge tree go? The one that is 26 feet around. At work I wanted to comment on it from google reader, but then it disappeared! I didn't make the tree up right? I have this pic of Jon in my head with his arms around (not quite all the way around) a big tree...if I made that up, then we might have issues.