Tuesday, October 07, 2008

The Malibu is stripped….

So, I haven't blogged about this event because I hate to even think about it – but I figure it was time. Our car got broken into a few weeks ago and the whole dash got stripped apart so that the intruder could take a ten year old radio and CD player. They probably pawned it for all of 50 bucks if they were lucky, but the damages to get our car fixed are going to be near the 500+ dollar range. I was so freaked out and pissed off all at the same time. To top things off – our car insurance people have been impossible to deal with, looks like our deductable is too high to get any money to fix things, and our car is probably only worth a whopping 1500 dollars if we are lucky anyway! So we are contemplating if we should fix it or just have a permanent cubby hole in our dash. Why do people have to do things like this? Can you feel good about yourself if you wake up in the morning after stealing from another person? Jon and I are just thankful that it didn't happen to our new car. That would have been an even bigger heart breaker. Speaking of the new car – I don't know that I have introduced you guys to it yet. That will be a happier post soon to come……

6 comments:

nicole said...

im sorry =( but yes i've been meaning to ask about the new car!!!

Grant Factor said...

So sorry to hear about this. Kind of excited to hear about the new ride though!

I'm off to Missouri the day after tomorrow to interview for a post doc. Why do I have to give a seminar talk when I'm there...? It adds stress!

Oh well, guess I'll just have to knock one out of the park so we can get the position and move closer to you guys!

G

Lacy & Simon said...

Sorry Jess! I know how you feel. Our car was tagged, yes spray painted, when I was parked at a metro station during my time at Hopkins this summer. I felt so violated! Then the estimate came in lower than the deductable. We haven't gotten ours fixed yet either and i feel like a dork driving around with a black check mark on my hood.
Congrats on the new car! What did you get?

Anonymous said...

can you email me: mcbratz-girl@hotmail.co.uk, i have some question wanna ask you.thanks

Anonymous said...

Very rich and interesting articles, good BLOG!

Anonymous said...

It seems different countries, different cultures, we really can decide things in the same understanding of the difference!
PE Net