Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Joy in little things

Jon and I have been busy and overwhelmed with life the past few weeks. So much to do and so little time. Makes me think back to the time I asked a student what she did for fun over the weekend and she responded by saying "I have NO TIME for fun". This comment has stuck with me and although I have felt like jon and I have had no time for fun the past few weeks I am learning that I need to find fun in the little things and take the time to enjoy the tasks of daily life at our house. I am doing my best to find time each day to laugh and enjoy the little things. A few nights ago Jude was strolling around his room looking like this....can you help but smile?

5 comments:

Sam & Rachel said...

Perfection! Love this kiddo. We miss you so much.

Sarah Radke said...

Oh Jess, the time the three of you spend together is your Fun Time. Believe me, you are not missing out on anything...In fact you are getting in on the Best Times EVER!! And as soon as Sammy is home...I expect you and Jon, and Rach and Sam to make the trip to Beresford (with Jude and Greta), I'll babysit all the rugrats and the four of you with Mike and Danielle will have some crazy fun!! Or I can always drive to Brookings to babysit....Lots of references...Lots of practice...
Love you. 'Auntie' Sarah

J Manson Squared said...

Hey you two! I need a favor...do you have access to PubMed or a logon that I can use to get full text journal articles? Thanks a million if you do and can share! Email me: juliemanson@gmail.com Jude is super cute, they are getting SO BIG SO FAST aren't they?! Hugs, Julie

jenni said...

i agree, spending a little time with those sweet rolls can calm a person down instantly! Lilly totally brought peace to me except sometimes now she is crazy and I need to get away to get peace!! but most of the time she is pure awesomeness

Sup said...

Ah...naked baby pics are the best...plus so good for embarrassment at age 18.