Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Gee Family Fun

Jon and I went took last Friday off of work and drove up to Minneapolis to enjoy a long weekend. We stayed with Julie and Joe on Thursday night and then got to spend Friday morning with them in their normal routine of getting the kids ready for school and daycare - which felt so good because we are never there for school days!! We got the added bonus of taking Harry to school. He usually goes to school early with Julie and hangs out in her room until it is time for school to start, but since we were there we decided to take him. I was getting ready and Jon said that harry seemed really concerned and asked "Uncle Jon, did my mom tell you when I had to be at school?" We got him to school on time and before we walked in the building I asked Harry if he would take a picture outside his school with me, to which he replied "No Thank You aunt Jess" and looked at me like he was totally embarrassed! It was so cute and one of the highlights of our day. We also got to go see Julie's classroom and her students. I love being able to picture my sister at work now. She had such a cute classroom of 4th graders!!

Then Jon and I did a little shopping at IKEA before heading to Jen's house for dinner. She was the hostess with the mostess and we had fun grilling hot dogs for the kids while the adults had lasagna and the best mango salad with hot chili peppers and brown sugar glaze (it sounds crazy - but was sooo good). Julie and Joe and kids came over and so did Jon's parents. It was great to be all together. We played some street hockey and had a belated happy birthday celebration for Sophie complete with brownies - her favorite!!

Here are a few pics of us hanging out at Jen's house on Friday night.....

1 comment:

nicole said...

looks like sooo much fun - so glad you get to spend time with both your families!!! love you guys!