Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Sweet Life .....OMAHA???


For those of you that know and love the dessert shop SWEET LIFE in Eugene, I have made a cookie that is definitely sweet life quality. I made home-made nutter butter cookies for Jen and Rodger's rehearsal dinner and I don't want to toot my own horn, but they were awesome. People were fighting over them and the personal attendant took 2 and hid one in her purse for later on in the night! Jon said this should be my calling - which is really funny because my friend Nicole (who's personality is so similar to mine in so many ways it is almost frightening) has also been on a baking kick and was told by our friend Steph that making sweet treats was her calling as well. Hmmm.....we have always said we would open a business together doing something we love someday....maybe we should forget the crafting and start a bakery!! I know I am crazy, but I even had to take pictures of the home-made nutter butter cookies for everyone to see. I will try and post the recipe later so others can enjoy!!

3 comments:

Sup said...

I have always wanted to open my own bakery too...or at least go to pastry school at Metro! Funny! I really need that recipe!

jenni said...

those look sooo good and a great pic too! ps. it feels good to toot our own horns sometimes!

nicole said...

ummm what are you a photographer?? that picture is amazing... are u using the same camera you've always had?? i need to learn how to utilize this so called 'macro' setting on my camera. can't wait to figure out how exactly we will start this business of ours but we WILL figure something out!