Sunday, April 05, 2009

Light at the End of the Tunnel

It is difficult for us to name a weekend that we have not been working on some house project while we have been in Omaha. There is always a project that is ongoing. As most of you know the biggest project we have taken on is the remodel of our upstairs. We gutted the bathroom, built a walk in closet, refinished the hardwood floors and the list goes on and on. We are in the final stages of completing the upstairs and reached a major milestone this weekend. We moved all of our clothes and bathroom stuff to its new home upstairs. Although we are not completely finished (we still have to finish staining the shower tile grout) we are officially using the upstairs (with the exception of the shower). Jon has done an amazing job - I am so impressed - he worked so hard building walls, tiling the shower, installing cabinets and closet organization. You name it - he did it!

Before you look at the new pictures you have got to look at the history of the upstairs....we have posted many times since we bought the house with the upstairs all in different stages. Here are a few....upstairs 1, usptairs 2, upstairs 3, upstairs 4.

And finally....Here are some pictures of where we are at now....



Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

jenni said...

oh wow that is REALLY nice.

Sam said...

wow, everything looks amazing. way to go jon! i hope we will get to see it in person before you guys move.

now if i could just finish my bathroom...

Lindsey said...

Oh my goodness, it looks AMAZING!!!

nicole said...

so so great! jon - it is absolutely beautiful! you guys have the best taste!!

Sam & Rachel said...

It looks amazing! Good job Jon. Hopefully we can post new bathroom pictures before too long....

Anonymous said...

J&J, wow, that looks to me like a high priced loft in SoHo, it is absolutely gorgeous!!!! I'm so glad I got to see it in person last Sept. I bet you'd like to take it with you. love, Rell

Grant Factor said...

Wow... I am speechless. That looks freakin' amazing. I feel like I'm seeing something on HGTV (my wife makes me watch it...)!

G