Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Onesies









































I had so much fun making these for my nephew George. They are belated 1st birthday treats - so Jules if you are reading this look away (they are in the mail).

It was the first time I appliquéd onto clothing and really the second time I have ever appliquéd anything! It is so easy though and so much fun. I had the hardest time trying to decide what to put on the onesies - but I stole the idea of the G for George from Jenni (she has made the cutest L onesies for lilly) and then I decided on a tie for the second onesie from a webpage nicole linked to on her blog. I hope he likes them!! He will be so cute!!

8 comments:

nicole said...

SO cute! You are a blogging/crafting fool now that summer is here!

did you use iron on stuff to stick the fabric on and then sew it? how did you sew it without sewing the front and the back of the onesie together? seems like taht would be tricky...

Sup said...

LOVE!! I have an L baby on the way (next week), so if you ever want to have a craft day, let me know! You can help me make it. : ) Or you can just tell me how...but doing crafty things together is so much more fun.
BTW...I love igoogle!

Sam & Rachel said...

Super cute! I love the tie!

Lindsey said...

So cute Jess! I LOVE them! Same questions as Nicole as to how to make them? Have a great night!

jenni said...

sweet tie!! I love that idea! I have been doing shirts like these for Lills and her friends like crazy today. my mom has an amazing fabric stash!

Anonymous said...

So - I am new to this so i am not sure I did them the best or easiest way possible, but I just cut the fabric out in the shapes I wanted, ironed on interfacing to hold the fabric to the onesie and then did a tight zig zag stitch around the shape. I am still not so good at going around corners - if you look close you can definately tell they are handmade - but hopefully I will get better. Jenni - if you have any tips or you do it differently please share!!

Sara said...

Those look awesome. Makes me wish I could sew a straight line. :) Your craftiness makes me want to be crafty... it is a vicious circle.

jenni said...

that is how I do it, except my mom has a sweet sewing machine with fun stitches so I did some cool ones. Mine can do a straight or zigzag only