Sunday, June 22, 2008

We also heart Nicole's Pasta


Thanks Nicole for the great recipe. Jon and I made it last night and I am still laughing because it was like 9:00 when we finished making it (because we had worked late not because it takes long to make - it is actually really easy and fast) and we were both famished. I was trying to get some food and get to the table as fast as possible and Jon says "should we take a picture"? So of course we had to take one and I am glad we did - it looked pretty darn good! We used a fun tri-colored pasta that has been in our cabinet forever and topped it off with fresh basil and oregano from our garden!

4 comments:

nicole said...

looks much more appetizing than mine! i totally forgot to use our fresh herbs... hey any suggestions for how to get bugs to stop eating my basil??

jenni said...

hey I know!! my neighbor is having this problem and she put a small dish of soapy water with some dead bugs (beetles I think) next to her basil plant. In just a few hours, all put two bugs had left her basil. let me know if it works for you?!

Anonymous said...

I have actually heard about the soapy water thing too..I haven't tried it, but the people who had the garden plot next to us at oregon used to use a spray bottle to spray soapy water on theirs...

I have also heard of putting blood meal down on the soil around the basil - I think you can buy it at any home improvement store or down to earth.

Anonymous said...

May I have Nicole's recipe for the pasta dish? I have the fresh basil and oregano growing in our small front garden.
Mom and Dad Gee